Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Hussite Handgunners

I don't have a Hussite army but I couldn't resist the Kingmaker handgunners at a show last year. Whilst the figures are nice, the real selling point is the shields and their fabulous designs. These are from the Little Big Men range. 1st Corps have now taken over Kingmaker. They do some monster war wagons as well.

I thought the raised boss would be a real problem, but a couple of snips with the sissors at each end and then tapering down with a steel rule before applying water sorted them.

Any way I am very pleased with them, although not sure what I will use them for. Probably appear as mercenaries in one of my 15th Century Balkan armies. Now there is a surprise!

1 comment: