Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 31 January 2010

Field of Glory

Early medieval battle at the club today using Field of Glory rules. Haven't really mastered these yet, probably because I don't use them enough given all my other interests, but they almost always produce a good game.

My opponent was Robert Low, author of the Oathsworn series of books. Bob has a superb Rus army in 28mm and like me is finding his way with FoG. I fielded a Ghaznavid army and he clearly wasn't expecting the elephants. Despite some pretty desperate combat dice they manged to stomp their way through his right flank whilst my cavalry peppered him with arrows in the centre. Elephants are more predictable in FoG compared with WAB but still great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment